Here’s a list of what will happen next here on earth according to the Bible (to give you an overview).
- Jesus gathers His children dead and alive and meets them in the air to take them to heaven. (If we are gone, this has already happened). There will be no “born again”, “Spirit filled” believers left on the earth. With the Holy Spirit removed from the earth the “Antichrist” can now be revealed and have his way unrestrained, if only for a short time (7 years). There are many antichrists (those who reject Jesus) in the world now. In fact the world is controlled by Satan which accounts for all the terrible things happening here now. He had been restrained (by God’s Holy Spirit in his children) until now. (Rapture Page)
- The Antichrist is revealed and takes full power of the world. In his first 3 1/3 years, the world thinks he is wonderful and has all the answers. The Antichrist is controlled and possessed by Satan. (Revelation 13:1-9)
- The Antichrist suffers a mortal wound to the right eye and right arm. He will be “miraculously healed”. (Zechariah 11:17, Revelation 13:3)
- The Antichrist is granted by God to make war with those who have accepted Jesus in the tribulation and to overcome them. Authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. (Revelation 13:7)
- The world (those whose names were not written in the Lambs Book of Life) worships the Antichrist. (Revelation 13:8)
- The false prophet is revealed. A religious leader who unites the whole world around a one world religion and the Antichrist. He performs great signs and deceives those who dwell on the earth. (Revelation 13:11-18)
- The Antichrist makes a 7 year peace treaty between Israel and her enemies. (Daniel 9:27)
- The Jewish Temple is rebuilt.
- The Antichrist places his image in the Holy of Holies of the Jewish temple and “miraculously” gives it “life”. He calls himself God and demands to be worshiped. This is called the abomination of desolation in the bible which will trigger the second 3 ½ year period called the “Great Tribulation”. The Antichrist declares war across the earth and persecutes and kills Jews and those who accepted Christ in the tribulation. (Daniel 7:21-27, Daniel 9:27, 11:31, Matthew 24:15,16, Revelation 13:14-15)
- The Antichrist forces all people to take a mark on the right hand or forehead (most likely a microchip). No man will be able to buy or sell unless he takes the mark. Don’t take it! Doing so will seal your fate in the Lake of Fire. (Revelation 13:16-18)
- God’s great and terrible wrath is poured out on the earth. The worst time ever past and future on the earth. (Daniel 12:1-4, Matthew 24:21-22, Revelation 6 to19:11) (Revelation chapters 6 thru 19 included below)
- Jesus Second Coming on a white horse to do battle at the end of the 7 year tribulation period. He brings His children with Him and the Armies of Heaven. (Revelation 19:11-16)
- Jesus judges the Antichrist, Satan, the kings of the earth and all who follow them in the valley of Megiddo. We call this Armageddon. The Antichrist and the False Prophet are thrown alive into the Lake of Fire. The kings of the earth and all who follow them are killed. (Revelation 19:17-21) Satan is bound in the bottomless pit for 1,000 years. (Revelation 20:1-3)
- Jesus sits on the throne of David in Jerusalem and rules with a rod of iron for 1,000 years. His children will also rule and reign with Him. The earth is regenerated to pre-fall conditions. (Revelation 20:4-6)
- Near the end of the 1,000 year reign, Satan is released for a short time where he deceives many. They surround Jerusalem to destroy it but God brings down fire from heaven and they are devoured. Satan is then cast alive into the Lake of Fire. (Revelation 20:7-10)
- God sits on “The Great White Throne Judgment”. All the dead great and small stand before God and all those who’s names are not written in the Book of Life are cast into the Lake of Fire. Death and Hell are cast into the Lake of Fire (Revelation 20:11-15).
- A new heaven and a new earth are created by God (Revelation 21:1-8)
- A new Jerusalem is created by God (Revelation 21:9-27)
- God’s children live with him forever after. (Revelation 22:1-5)
None of these things have happened yet unless we have “disappeared” in the Rapture. Some have said that everything in the book of Revelation happened long ago. That couldn’t have happened for these reasons. Jesus has not physically sat on the throne of David and ruled the earth for 1,000 years. Satan has not been bound, If so His chain is way too long. He is currently the Prince of this World as is evident in all the evil things being done today. The Antichrist has not been revealed, although many of us believe he is alive and ready to be filled or possessed by Satan. The Great Tribulation as described in Revelation has surely not yet happened with such catastrophic supernatural events taking place. The old Heaven and Earth have not passed away and the New Heaven and Earth have not been created and we are not there living with God face to face.
2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 NKJV (1) Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, (2) not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. (3) Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin (The Antichrist) is revealed, the son of perdition, (4) who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. (5) Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? (6) And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. (7) For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains (The Holy Spirit in His children) will do so until He is taken out of the way (The Rapture). (8) And then the lawless one (The Antichrist) will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. (9) The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, (10) and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. (11) And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, (12) that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. PLEASE DON’T’ BELIEVE THE LIE! BELIEVE GOD!